BYU baseball: Cougars prepare for key three-game series at LMU
BYU, 22-17 overall and 8-7 in the WCC, faces Loyola Marymount, 21-23 and 9-9, in a three-game series starting Thursday that could determine the Cougars’ qualifying for the WCC tournament the end of this month.
Desmond Poulson (5-1, 2.44) takes the mound for BYU in Thursday afternoon’s game, followed by Jeff Barker (3-3, 3.80) on Friday also at 3 p.m. PDT. Adam Miller (3-6, 5.34) is scheduled to start on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. PDT.
“Live at-bats are key for us,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said after his team’s 15-7 win at Utah Valley prior to the LMU games. “It’s a huge series for us. There’s no disputing that we have to go down there and win the series to stay in the hunt in my mind. It’s going to be a battle this weekend, but we are looking forward to it.
“Desmond (Poulson) is the guy who sets the tone for us. You’ll never see him show a lot of emotion on the mound.”
The BYU-LMU series will be broadcast live over KOVO Radio 960 AM and on the Internet.
After the series at LMU, BYU plays at Utah on Tuesday before returning to league play at home against San Francisco.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to the...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws named CLASS award candidate
- BYU coach Dave Rose competing in coaches'...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'... 14
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the... 12