BYU baseball: Cougars prepare for key three-game series at LMU
BYU, 22-17 overall and 8-7 in the WCC, faces Loyola Marymount, 21-23 and 9-9, in a three-game series starting Thursday that could determine the Cougars’ qualifying for the WCC tournament the end of this month.
Desmond Poulson (5-1, 2.44) takes the mound for BYU in Thursday afternoon’s game, followed by Jeff Barker (3-3, 3.80) on Friday also at 3 p.m. PDT. Adam Miller (3-6, 5.34) is scheduled to start on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. PDT.
“Live at-bats are key for us,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said after his team’s 15-7 win at Utah Valley prior to the LMU games. “It’s a huge series for us. There’s no disputing that we have to go down there and win the series to stay in the hunt in my mind. It’s going to be a battle this weekend, but we are looking forward to it.
“Desmond (Poulson) is the guy who sets the tone for us. You’ll never see him show a lot of emotion on the mound.”
The BYU-LMU series will be broadcast live over KOVO Radio 960 AM and on the Internet.
After the series at LMU, BYU plays at Utah on Tuesday before returning to league play at home against San Francisco.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 73
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24
- Utah basketball: Regular-season finale... 24
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 20