Clearfield High teacher charged with sexual abuse of student
CLEARFIELD — A Clearfield High School agriculture teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a 17-year-old female student.
Gaile Kristine Supp, 24, was charged with object rape, a first-degree felony, according to documents filed Monday in 2nd District Court. Supp posted $20,000 bond Monday to bail out of Weber County Jail.
The student told police she went to Supp's West Haven home in early January to get help with homework. Instead, her teacher showed her a sexually explicit movie and sexually assaulted her, according to a probable cause statement.
The student reported to police she told Supp she didn't want the sexual advances, court documents state.
Supp was placed on administrative leave Jan. 14, according to Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman. She had been hired to teach an agriculture classes on a one-year basis starting last fall, and had she remained teaching, her contract likely would have expired at the end of the current term.
While district policies don't specifically prohibit student and teacher interactions in an educator's home, it is a definite violation of professional boundaries that educators are instructed to maintain, Williams said.
The school district is cooperating with the investigation, he said.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- 2 children critically injured in wrong-way...
- Ex-A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff due in...
- Police arrest 3 suspected of vandalizing LDS...
- Traditional marriage supporters want... 84
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Democrats challenge Mia Love's... 38
- Lawmaker pledges to run bill changing... 36
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 32
- Federal government extends same-sex... 29
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21