Clearfield High teacher charged with sexual abuse of student
CLEARFIELD — A Clearfield High School agriculture teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a 17-year-old female student.
Gaile Kristine Supp, 24, was charged with object rape, a first-degree felony, according to documents filed Monday in 2nd District Court. Supp posted $20,000 bond Monday to bail out of Weber County Jail.
The student told police she went to Supp's West Haven home in early January to get help with homework. Instead, her teacher showed her a sexually explicit movie and sexually assaulted her, according to a probable cause statement.
The student reported to police she told Supp she didn't want the sexual advances, court documents state.
Supp was placed on administrative leave Jan. 14, according to Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman. She had been hired to teach an agriculture classes on a one-year basis starting last fall, and had she remained teaching, her contract likely would have expired at the end of the current term.
While district policies don't specifically prohibit student and teacher interactions in an educator's home, it is a definite violation of professional boundaries that educators are instructed to maintain, Williams said.
The school district is cooperating with the investigation, he said.
- Deputy's widow laments small room for...
- Vernal police investigating offensive...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Report: Utah is 'one of the best examples' of...
- Chronic homelessness in Utah down 91 percent...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- 'Priceless' Hot Wheels car design for...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 60
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 53
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 23
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 23
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 14
- Deputy's widow laments small room for... 9
- Herbert, legislative leaders to talk... 8