Clearfield High teacher charged with sexual abuse of student
CLEARFIELD — A Clearfield High School agriculture teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a 17-year-old female student.
Gaile Kristine Supp, 24, was charged with object rape, a first-degree felony, according to documents filed Monday in 2nd District Court. Supp posted $20,000 bond Monday to bail out of Weber County Jail.
The student told police she went to Supp's West Haven home in early January to get help with homework. Instead, her teacher showed her a sexually explicit movie and sexually assaulted her, according to a probable cause statement.
The student reported to police she told Supp she didn't want the sexual advances, court documents state.
Supp was placed on administrative leave Jan. 14, according to Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman. She had been hired to teach an agriculture classes on a one-year basis starting last fall, and had she remained teaching, her contract likely would have expired at the end of the current term.
While district policies don't specifically prohibit student and teacher interactions in an educator's home, it is a definite violation of professional boundaries that educators are instructed to maintain, Williams said.
The school district is cooperating with the investigation, he said.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 142
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36