Clearfield High teacher charged with sexual abuse of student
CLEARFIELD — A Clearfield High School agriculture teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a 17-year-old female student.
Gaile Kristine Supp, 24, was charged with object rape, a first-degree felony, according to documents filed Monday in 2nd District Court. Supp posted $20,000 bond Monday to bail out of Weber County Jail.
The student told police she went to Supp's West Haven home in early January to get help with homework. Instead, her teacher showed her a sexually explicit movie and sexually assaulted her, according to a probable cause statement.
The student reported to police she told Supp she didn't want the sexual advances, court documents state.
Supp was placed on administrative leave Jan. 14, according to Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman. She had been hired to teach an agriculture classes on a one-year basis starting last fall, and had she remained teaching, her contract likely would have expired at the end of the current term.
While district policies don't specifically prohibit student and teacher interactions in an educator's home, it is a definite violation of professional boundaries that educators are instructed to maintain, Williams said.
The school district is cooperating with the investigation, he said.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14