Clearfield High teacher charged with sexual abuse of student
CLEARFIELD — A Clearfield High School agriculture teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a 17-year-old female student.
Gaile Kristine Supp, 24, was charged with object rape, a first-degree felony, according to documents filed Monday in 2nd District Court. Supp posted $20,000 bond Monday to bail out of Weber County Jail.
The student told police she went to Supp's West Haven home in early January to get help with homework. Instead, her teacher showed her a sexually explicit movie and sexually assaulted her, according to a probable cause statement.
The student reported to police she told Supp she didn't want the sexual advances, court documents state.
Supp was placed on administrative leave Jan. 14, according to Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman. She had been hired to teach an agriculture classes on a one-year basis starting last fall, and had she remained teaching, her contract likely would have expired at the end of the current term.
While district policies don't specifically prohibit student and teacher interactions in an educator's home, it is a definite violation of professional boundaries that educators are instructed to maintain, Williams said.
The school district is cooperating with the investigation, he said.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 45
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 32
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 20
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt... 17
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 13
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13