J. Scott Applewhite, AP
Saturday, Nov. 23 presenters include authors S. Michael Wilcox and Mary Ellen Edmunds, Laurel Christensen, who is Deseret Book’s vice president of product development, Jennifer Brinkerhoff Platt, who teaches in the ancient scripture department at Brigham Young University, and musical artists Sandra Turley and Hilary Weeks.
There will not be a Time Out for Girls event in Salt Lake City this year, according to the Time Out for Women website at tofw.com.
Deseret Book’s Time Out for Women events are inspirational events targeted at women.
This year’s theme is Higher (see Isaiah 55:9). So far this spring, Time Out for Women events have been in eight cities across the U.S. and Canada.
This summer, events will be held in Auckland, New Zealand, in July and Sydney in August. Scheduled speakers include Virginia Pearce, former counselor in the general Young Women presidency, Brad Wilcox, author and member of the Sunday School general board, Dew, Christensen and Weeks
This fall, more than 30 presenters will be at Time Out for Women events in more than a dozen cities and concurrent Time Out for Girls events for young women 12 to 17 will be in a half-dozen cities. The events with both a Time Out for Women and Time Out for Girls event include: Logan on Sept. 13-14; Arlington, Texas, on Oct. 11-12; Denver, on Oct. 18-19; Phoenix and St. George on Nov. 8-9; and Portland, Ore., Nov. 15-16.
The Higher tour will also stop in Richmond, Va., and Kitchner, Ontario, on Sept. 6-7; Columbia, S.C., on Sept. 20-21; Tacoma, Wash., Oct. 11-12; Reno, Nev., Oct. 18-19; Austin, Texas, Nov. 1-2; and Salt Lake City on Nov. 22-23.
For scheduled presenters, cost (including an early bird Mother’s Day special that runs through May 15), registration and event information, go to the Time Out for Women website at www.tofw.com.
2013 Higher: What is Time Out for Women, really?
Women share about their experiences at Time Out for Women and what it is.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 108
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 64
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 7