The tryouts will be held at Jordan High School in Sandy on May 24 and 25. Players born from 1995 to 1998 will be given a chance to show their skills to RSL head scout Andy Williams and RSL director of youth camps Rob Karas and could potential be invited to be a part of the RSL-Arizona Academy U-16 and U-18 teams.
The tryout will consist of several game practices and exercises conducted in an informal session. Those who perform well at the tryout sessions may be invited back to participate in RSL’s youth development program, possibly including an invitation to join the RSL-Arizona residential academy.
Based out of the Grande Sports World training facility in Casa Grande, Ariz., the RSL-Arizona Academy is currently in its third season of play in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, the country’s highest tier of youth soccer featuring 80 clubs fielding teams in both the U-15/16 and U-17/18 age groups.
All tryout participants are required to pre-register, and no walk-up registration will be allowed. Registration is $50, and all required forms must be filled out and turned in before tryouts.
Players must attend all applicable tryouts to be considered for selection to the RSL-AZ Academy. The following is the full schedule for the Real Salt Lake youth development tryouts:
Friday, May 24 — 5-7 p.m. MDT — Players born in 1995-1996
Friday, May 24 — 7-9 p.m. MDT — Players born in 1997-1998
Saturday, May 25 — 8-9:30 a.m. MDT — Players born in 1995-1996
Saturday, May 25 — 9:30-11 a.m. MDT — Players born in 1997-1998
Saturday, May 25 — 1-2:30 p.m. MDT — Players born in 1995-1996
Saturday, May 25 — 2:30-4 p.m. MDT — Players born in 1997-1998
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 125
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33