USU football: Kellen Bartlett invited to Chicago Bears rookie minicamp
Former Utah State tight end Kellen Bartlett has been invited to the Chicago Bears rookie minicamp, it was announced Monday.
Bartlett becomes the sixth Utah State football player from the 2012 Western Athletic Conference championship team to move on to the NFL as cornerback Will Davis was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the third round (93rd pick) of the 2013 NFL Draft and running back Kerwynn Williams was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the seventh round (230th pick). Wide receiver Matt Austin signed a free agent contract with the Seattle Seahawks, defensive lineman Al Lapuaho signed a free agent contract with the St. Louis Rams and wide receiver Chuck Jacobs signed a free agent contract with the San Francisco 49ers.
Bartlett, a 6-foot-2, 248-pounder from Blue Springs, Mo. (Blue Springs South HS), earned honorable mention all-WAC honors in 2012 as he finished the season with 38 receptions for 272 yards (20.9 ypg) and five touchdown catches, which ranked tied for first on the team. Overall, his five touchdown receptions ranked first in the WAC among tight ends, while his 38 receptions ranked second and his 272 receiving yards ranked third. As a senior, Bartlett caught touchdown passes in four-straight games, which was the longest streak for a Utah State player since 2005.
During his four years at Utah State, Bartlett played in 43 games and caught 63 passes for 581 yards (9.2 ypr) and eight touchdowns. As a sophomore in 2010, he caught five passes for a career-high 121 yards against Nevada, including a career-long 63-yard catch, for USU’s only 100-yard receiving outing that season. As a senior in 2012, he caught a career-high eight passes for 47 yards, including a 4-yard touchdown reception against Utah.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33