John Bazemore, AP
ESPN describes the one-hour documentary produced by MLB Productions as a show that "documents Harper's journey from a young teenager to MLB star. The special includes rare footage of Harper, his family and the years leading up to his MLB debut through the present day."
In a clip released by MLB, Harper describes how his father's work ethic as an ironworker laying rebar inspired him to develop consistent and dedicated practice routines that helped him become the player he is today.
After being selected as the first overall pick by the Washington Nationals in 2010, Harper made his major league debut in 2012 at Dodger Stadium. He was voted to the All-Star team and was named the NL Rookie of the Year. Following his impressive rookie campaign, he started the 2013 season by hitting two home runs on opening day.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 27