SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake is among just three affiliates worldwide to receive the United Way Common Good Award for Innovation — one of the nonprofit organization’s highest honors.
The award recognizes partnerships that strengthen and advance communities through innovative practices that are achieving results and making measurable impact in education, income and health.
Highlighted from among the work of its nine Promise Partnerships, United Way of Salt Lake was recognized for innovation in early education programs in South Salt Lake. Together with South Salt Lake and Voices for Utah Children, United Way of Salt Lake created the Early Learning Network, enabling many additional children to attend high-quality preschool based on the Granite School District model at the Hser Ner Moo Neighborhood Center, and on location at two elementary schools in South Salt Lake.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 161
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17