Authorities release name of angler missing at Flaming Gorge
Ben Neary, Associated Press
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Authorities have released the name of an angler whose partially submerged boat was found Sunday at Flaming Gorge Reservoir as their search for the man enters its second day.
Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was apparently alone when his boat capsized due to extremely poor weather conditions on Sunday afternoon, the Daggett County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
A group of boaters spotted the partially submerged craft in the Jug Hollow area and reported it to the sheriff's office about 5:45 p.m. Sunday. Daggett County's search and rescue team was called out Monday morning.
The search for Durante continued through the night with the use of side scan sonar provided by the state Department of Public Safety dive team, and sector scan sonar provided by Summit County search and rescue.
Daggett County is also being aided in the search by personnel from Utah State Parks, the state Division of Wildlife Resources and Uintah County search and rescue.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13