Authorities release name of angler missing at Flaming Gorge
Ben Neary, Associated Press
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Authorities have released the name of an angler whose partially submerged boat was found Sunday at Flaming Gorge Reservoir as their search for the man enters its second day.
Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was apparently alone when his boat capsized due to extremely poor weather conditions on Sunday afternoon, the Daggett County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
A group of boaters spotted the partially submerged craft in the Jug Hollow area and reported it to the sheriff's office about 5:45 p.m. Sunday. Daggett County's search and rescue team was called out Monday morning.
The search for Durante continued through the night with the use of side scan sonar provided by the state Department of Public Safety dive team, and sector scan sonar provided by Summit County search and rescue.
Daggett County is also being aided in the search by personnel from Utah State Parks, the state Division of Wildlife Resources and Uintah County search and rescue.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 23