Authorities release name of angler missing at Flaming Gorge
Ben Neary, Associated Press
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Authorities have released the name of an angler whose partially submerged boat was found Sunday at Flaming Gorge Reservoir as their search for the man enters its second day.
Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was apparently alone when his boat capsized due to extremely poor weather conditions on Sunday afternoon, the Daggett County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
A group of boaters spotted the partially submerged craft in the Jug Hollow area and reported it to the sheriff's office about 5:45 p.m. Sunday. Daggett County's search and rescue team was called out Monday morning.
The search for Durante continued through the night with the use of side scan sonar provided by the state Department of Public Safety dive team, and sector scan sonar provided by Summit County search and rescue.
Daggett County is also being aided in the search by personnel from Utah State Parks, the state Division of Wildlife Resources and Uintah County search and rescue.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 18
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8