SANDY — Real Salt Lake has announced that it will host Star Wars day during the team's May 4 match against Vancouver.
Up to 300 fans who dress in Star Wars attire will have the opportunity to march around the field during the pregame Parade of Kings an hour before kickoff. Other activities will include interactive games, costumed characters from the film series and other promotions.
Darth Vader will perform the pregame coin toss and Imperial Troopers will be stationed along the field during portions of the match. Other Star Wars characters will be in attendance and will be available for photo-ops.
Fans are encouraged to wear costumes; however, in accordance with league policy, weapons of any kind, including light sabers and blasters, will not be allowed in the stadium.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28