SANDY — Real Salt Lake has announced that it will host Star Wars day during the team's May 4 match against Vancouver.
Up to 300 fans who dress in Star Wars attire will have the opportunity to march around the field during the pregame Parade of Kings an hour before kickoff. Other activities will include interactive games, costumed characters from the film series and other promotions.
Darth Vader will perform the pregame coin toss and Imperial Troopers will be stationed along the field during portions of the match. Other Star Wars characters will be in attendance and will be available for photo-ops.
Fans are encouraged to wear costumes; however, in accordance with league policy, weapons of any kind, including light sabers and blasters, will not be allowed in the stadium.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37