SANDY — Real Salt Lake has announced that it will host Star Wars day during the team's May 4 match against Vancouver.
Up to 300 fans who dress in Star Wars attire will have the opportunity to march around the field during the pregame Parade of Kings an hour before kickoff. Other activities will include interactive games, costumed characters from the film series and other promotions.
Darth Vader will perform the pregame coin toss and Imperial Troopers will be stationed along the field during portions of the match. Other Star Wars characters will be in attendance and will be available for photo-ops.
Fans are encouraged to wear costumes; however, in accordance with league policy, weapons of any kind, including light sabers and blasters, will not be allowed in the stadium.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26