SANDY — Real Salt Lake has announced that it will host Star Wars day during the team's May 4 match against Vancouver.
Up to 300 fans who dress in Star Wars attire will have the opportunity to march around the field during the pregame Parade of Kings an hour before kickoff. Other activities will include interactive games, costumed characters from the film series and other promotions.
Darth Vader will perform the pregame coin toss and Imperial Troopers will be stationed along the field during portions of the match. Other Star Wars characters will be in attendance and will be available for photo-ops.
Fans are encouraged to wear costumes; however, in accordance with league policy, weapons of any kind, including light sabers and blasters, will not be allowed in the stadium.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 143
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16