Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO — It's always a shaky prospect to assess any player's likelihood of being drafted, particularly at BYU. Who would have predicted in 2011 that Matt Reynolds would go undrafted while Ezekiel Ansah would be a top five pick, for example?
Yes, contrasting Ansah with Reynolds provides the most extreme of examples, but underscores the difficulty to accurately assess any particular player's pro prospects. Although there are good indicators regarding a player's pro prospects, those indicators are fluid.
BYU currently has several players on its squad who could be drafted in the near future nevertheless. Here's 10 players who could hear their names called out as NFL draft picks in the coming years.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20