Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO — It's always a shaky prospect to assess any player's likelihood of being drafted, particularly at BYU. Who would have predicted in 2011 that Matt Reynolds would go undrafted while Ezekiel Ansah would be a top five pick, for example?
Yes, contrasting Ansah with Reynolds provides the most extreme of examples, but underscores the difficulty to accurately assess any particular player's pro prospects. Although there are good indicators regarding a player's pro prospects, those indicators are fluid.
BYU currently has several players on its squad who could be drafted in the near future nevertheless. Here's 10 players who could hear their names called out as NFL draft picks in the coming years.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45