Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO — It's always a shaky prospect to assess any player's likelihood of being drafted, particularly at BYU. Who would have predicted in 2011 that Matt Reynolds would go undrafted while Ezekiel Ansah would be a top five pick, for example?
Yes, contrasting Ansah with Reynolds provides the most extreme of examples, but underscores the difficulty to accurately assess any particular player's pro prospects. Although there are good indicators regarding a player's pro prospects, those indicators are fluid.
BYU currently has several players on its squad who could be drafted in the near future nevertheless. Here's 10 players who could hear their names called out as NFL draft picks in the coming years.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 100
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 61
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22