Ravell Call, Deseret News
Officials for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints confirmed that the church will have access to the two apartment complexes — Raintree Commons and BYU's Wyview Park — beginning Wednesday, May 1, and that missionaries should begin arriving to occupy the new facilities by the end of May.
Some work will continue on both facilities through the summer, including the construction of temporary buildings for dining and other services. Full occupation — 1,000 missionaries residing in Wyview buildings and 700 missionaries residing in Raintree buildings — isn’t expected until later in the summer when the temporary work is completed.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5