Rock On: Sure, there's a team in Utah that could use Ziggy's size, speed and strength
Carlos Osorio, ASSOCIATED PRESS
ZIGGY UP CLOSE
The NFL Draft is a whirlwind for any player. But for someone who just a few years ago didn’t even play football, it has to be extra weird.
Maybe that’s why BYU’s Ziggy Ansah showed up on draft night wearing lens-less 3-D movie theater glasses.
But in another sense, the glasses were entirely appropriate.
Just like a 3-D movie, Ansah expects to greatly enhance his audience’s viewing experience.
Stories said Ansah’s mother, Elizabeth Cole, asked BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall if her son could be drafted by a team from Utah.
Of course he could.
Since Ansah originally wanted to play basketball, and since the Jazz have three draft picks
Time sure seems to fly. Just ask Jose Canseco, the noted former steroid-abuser and current space cadet.
Canseco tweeted last week: “Yes time travel is possible. Will explain later.”
Rock On would first like him to explain how a fly ball in 1993 bounced off his head and over the outfield fence.
TASTE OF TYSON
What would a wacky Canseco note be if not accompanied by a wacky Mike Tyson item?
The ex-champ told WFAN last week that a former girlfriend once cooked one of his pigeons and ate it. Tyson said on the Boomer & Carton radio show that she wanted him to dine with her, but he couldn’t.
“It just wasn’t the right thing to do,” he said. “That’s why she’s not my woman anymore.”
In hindsight, it was a relationship doomed from the start.
He wouldn’t eat pigeon and she wouldn’t even touch a piece of Evander Holyfield’s ear.
Mike Rice, who was fired by Rutgers for abusing players, showed up a couple of weeks ago coaching a seventh-grade girls team.
Rice reportedly loves his new gig — which makes sense.
It’s so much easier just to withhold their Juicy Juice than to throw basketballs to get their attention.
Charles Barkley wants to be general manager of the Phoenix Suns.
In which case TNT would have to find someone else to say, “That’s a turrrrrible hire. Just turrrrrible.”
Seattle Times columnist Dwight Perry: “April 11 marked the 101st anniversary of the Yankees trademark pinstripes. Or 93 years since Babe Ruth first asked, ‘Does this uniform make my hips look too big?’”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Utah Jazz: Fate turned former walk-on, NCAA...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 55
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 44
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8