Photo gallery: Salt Lake police officer killed in the line of duty 92 years ago is honored with plaque
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department Monday dedicated a plaque in memory of an officer killed in the line of duty 92 years ago.
Detective Green B. Hamby was shot and killed near where the Gallivan Center now stands while tracking down a burglary suspect.
The plaque is at the Gallivan Center.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13