The Economist seeks college students to boost its digital base
The Economist is going “back 2 school” with its new digital ad campaign targeting college students.
“An effort that is to begin on Monday will carry the theme ‘Dare 2 Go Deep With The Economist’ — the numeral, presumably, echoing how so many members of the intended audience use shorthand when they communicate online and on mobile devices,” Stuart Elliott reported Tuesday for The New York Times. “Indeed, digital media is the primary way that The Economist and its new advertising agency intend to disseminate the campaign, which has a budget of just under $1 million. The ads will urge turning to The Economist for a deeper, more thorough understanding of what goes on in the world.”
Near the end of the article, Elliott reported circulation figures for The Economist that he obtained from Economist Group Managing Director Paul Rossi:
Total worldwide circulation: 1,558,119
Worldwide print circulation: 1,455,261
Worldwide digital circulation: 102,858
Total North America circulation: 897,849
North America print circulation: 831,978
North America digital circulation: 65,871
Jamshid Ghazi Askar is a graduate of BYU's J. Reuben Clark Law School and member of the Utah State Bar. Contact him at email@example.com or 801-236-6051.
- Live at the GOP convention: Donald Trump...
- Trump campaign dismisses criticism of Melania...
- No charges for St. Louis officers who killed...
- Group: Half of Syrian refugee kids in Lebanon...
- Marilyn Monroe's tresses and dresses going up...
- India lifts ban but Kashmir papers not...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- Turkey fires 24,000 teachers, police in coup...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- Trump campaign dismisses criticism of... 49
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 39
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Trump speechwriter apologizes for... 27