SALT LAKE CITY — Fisheries biologists with the Division of Wildlife Resources are holding open houses to share information about waters in areas throughout the state.
The DWR is also seeking input about fishing regulation or management changes Utahns would like to see in 2014.
Drew Cushing, warm water sport fisheries coordinator for the DWR, said the open houses help DWR biologists better understand the wants and needs of anglers in Utah. “The DWR has many talented fisheries biologists,” Cushing said, “but they need your help to better understand the social aspect of regulatory decisions that are made.”
In northeastern Utah, open houses will be held Saturday, May 4, from 1-5 p.m. at Little Hole along the Green River, Red Fleet Reservoir, Big Sandwash Reservoir and Currant Creek Reservoir.
Southeastern Utah open houses will be held May 14 at the Price DWR office, 319 N. Carbonville Drive, starting at 6:30 p.m.; and May 30 at the Cedar City DWR office, 1470 N. Airport Road, from 6–8 p.m. Open houses are also planned for May 16 in Salina and May 22 in Bicknell, both from 6-8 p.m. Locations will be announced for those cities later.
Open houses will be held in northern Utah May 25 at Al’s Sporting Goods in Logan from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m — DWR biologists will be available at a table at Al’s Annual Outdoor Expo — and May 29 at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Riverdale from 6–8 p.m.
Also, an open house will be held May 30 at the Sandra N. Lloyd Community Center, 12830 S. Redwood Road in Riverton from 7–8:30 p.m.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 24