SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Renee Jimenez, who was recently appointed to fill a vacancy on the 3rd District Juvenile Court bench.
Those who desire to comment can contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 5. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee will hold a public hearing regarding Jimenez’s nomination on June 11 at 3 p.m. The committee will issue its recommendation to the full Senate prior to a final confirmation vote.
Jimenez was appointed to replace Judge Frederic M. Oddone, who retired April 16. The 3rd District Juvenile Court includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 15
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13