SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Renee Jimenez, who was recently appointed to fill a vacancy on the 3rd District Juvenile Court bench.
Those who desire to comment can contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 5. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee will hold a public hearing regarding Jimenez’s nomination on June 11 at 3 p.m. The committee will issue its recommendation to the full Senate prior to a final confirmation vote.
Jimenez was appointed to replace Judge Frederic M. Oddone, who retired April 16. The 3rd District Juvenile Court includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9