SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Renee Jimenez, who was recently appointed to fill a vacancy on the 3rd District Juvenile Court bench.
Those who desire to comment can contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 5. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee will hold a public hearing regarding Jimenez’s nomination on June 11 at 3 p.m. The committee will issue its recommendation to the full Senate prior to a final confirmation vote.
Jimenez was appointed to replace Judge Frederic M. Oddone, who retired April 16. The 3rd District Juvenile Court includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 19
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14