TAYLORSVILLE — The Salt Lake Community College Aviation Maintenance Technician team had a successful showing at the AMT Society Maintenance Skills Competition in Las Vegas. The team won in overall time in the competition’s hydraulic event.
SLCC competed against 24 teams from four countries in 14 different aviation maintenance skills events at the three-day competition. In addition to the win in the hydraulic event, the SLCC team placed second overall in the school category.
The competition included timed challenges in events such as avionics, hydraulics, jet engine troubleshooting, window sealing repair, bond and ground, and electrical troubleshooting. It offers an opportunity to showcase students’ knowledge, skill and integrity.
Chris Austin was captain of the SLCC team, which included teammates Julio Zuniga, Gordon Mabey, Mike Whipple, and Joseph Martin. Jaime Horning serves as the team’s coach, adviser and instructor.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24