SANDY — Sego Lily Gardens will hold a Garden Fair to celebrate Water Week on Saturday, May 11.
The gardens, located at 1472 E. Sego Lily Drive, will host the event from 9 a.m. to noon.
The fair will feature educational handouts as well as drawings throughout the morning for prizes beginning at 9:30 a.m. There will also be free classes on irrigation, trees and local native plants.
The Metropolitan Water District of Salt Lake and Sandy will give away water-wise plants to the first 100 families to visit the garden during this event. Free conservation kits will be given to attendees while supplies last.
Local nurseries will have coupons available for discounts in their stores. And Wild Wonders will be present with exotic wild animals for children to see.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14