Goshen teen dies of injuries from auto-pedestrian accident near Payson
SALT LAKE CITY — A Goshen teen who was struck by a vehicle near Payson Saturday has died.
Courtney Osborn, 13, died around 1 p.m. Sunday, the Utah Highway Patrol reported Monday. Osborn was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center in extremely critical condition after she and three other teenagers were hit by a car about 9:30 p.m. Saturday while crossing state Route 147 (5600 West) near 9200 South just north of Payson.
Osborn and Jared Filmore, 13, were both transported to Salt Lake City by medical helicopter. Osborn was placed on life support.
Shanece Reynolds, 13, and Hailey Burr, 15, were transported by ambulance to Mountain View Hospital in Payson where they were treated for leg injuries and later released.
Officials say the four victims were attending a party when the incident occurred. They were crossing the street, which is located in a rural area with no street lighting, when they were struck by a vehicle being driven by a 17-year-old girl.
The posted speed limit in the area is 55 mph.
There was no indication that the victims had consumed alcohol or that the driver was impaired or speeding, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The driver was reportedly cooperative with investigators and extremely upset over the incident.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14