Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Daggett County's search and rescue team has been called out to look for a missing angler at Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man, who is believed to be from Wyoming, was reported missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday by a group of boaters. The group had found a partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area, according to a statement from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
The owner of the boat was not with the vessel, the statement said.
Conditions at Flaming Gorge were "very poor" Sunday with high winds and treacherous waters, authorities said. They are conducting searches on land and on water because they don't know whether the angler is still in the reservoir or made it to shore.
The sheriff's office is not releasing the man's name or age at this time. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Bound bodies of 2 found in Philly river; 3rd...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Trial ordered for Cameo Crispi, accused of...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 20
- Woman burned by toxic iced tea released... 19
- Rep. Stewart seeking to demilitarize... 16
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13
- Family of drowned Weber County man... 13
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 13
- Chicago police shoot, kill 2 Sunday night 10