Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Daggett County's search and rescue team has been called out to look for a missing angler at Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man, who is believed to be from Wyoming, was reported missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday by a group of boaters. The group had found a partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area, according to a statement from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
The owner of the boat was not with the vessel, the statement said.
Conditions at Flaming Gorge were "very poor" Sunday with high winds and treacherous waters, authorities said. They are conducting searches on land and on water because they don't know whether the angler is still in the reservoir or made it to shore.
The sheriff's office is not releasing the man's name or age at this time. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Fallen officer Derek Johnson remembered at...
- Man charged in Utah double killing appeals...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty in cellmate...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in... 6
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of... 6
- Many questions remain in case of baby... 5
- Why would a parent abandon a child? A... 5