Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Daggett County's search and rescue team has been called out to look for a missing angler at Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man, who is believed to be from Wyoming, was reported missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday by a group of boaters. The group had found a partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area, according to a statement from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
The owner of the boat was not with the vessel, the statement said.
Conditions at Flaming Gorge were "very poor" Sunday with high winds and treacherous waters, authorities said. They are conducting searches on land and on water because they don't know whether the angler is still in the reservoir or made it to shore.
The sheriff's office is not releasing the man's name or age at this time. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Woman battling cancer has two bicycles stolen
- S.L. fire captain says she was demoted for...
- Woods Cross plans to raise taxes, fees for...
- Two women critically injured in six-vehicle...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17
- Shurtleff files motion to dismiss case 8
- Trial ordered for politician accused of... 7
- Documents: Former teacher says he used... 5
- Evacuations still in place as Saddle... 5
- S.L. fire captain says she was demoted... 4