Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Daggett County's search and rescue team has been called out to look for a missing angler at Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man, who is believed to be from Wyoming, was reported missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday by a group of boaters. The group had found a partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area, according to a statement from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
The owner of the boat was not with the vessel, the statement said.
Conditions at Flaming Gorge were "very poor" Sunday with high winds and treacherous waters, authorities said. They are conducting searches on land and on water because they don't know whether the angler is still in the reservoir or made it to shore.
The sheriff's office is not releasing the man's name or age at this time. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Body found near Jordan River trail in Salt...
- Couple arrested in Louisiana for $114K theft...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Missing Roy man found unconscious in Box...
- Utah prairie dog ruling stokes national...
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 13
- Woman, 69, fights off carjacker who... 7
- Garden hose may be cause of Provo... 5
- Utah prairie dog ruling stokes national... 4
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy... 3
- Restaurant shut down after allegedly... 3
- High school student found dead near... 2