Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — Daggett County's search and rescue team has been called out to look for a missing angler at Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man, who is believed to be from Wyoming, was reported missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday by a group of boaters. The group had found a partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area, according to a statement from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
The owner of the boat was not with the vessel, the statement said.
Conditions at Flaming Gorge were "very poor" Sunday with high winds and treacherous waters, authorities said. They are conducting searches on land and on water because they don't know whether the angler is still in the reservoir or made it to shore.
The sheriff's office is not releasing the man's name or age at this time. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 35
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 17