PAYSON — A 13-year-old girl remained hospitalized in critical condition Sunday and three other teens were injured after they were struck by a car Saturday night while crossing 5600 West near 9200 South just north of Payson.
Courtney Osborn and Jared Filmore, both 13, were transported by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. Osborn was in critical condition on life support and Filmore, who sustained head trauma and multiple broken bones, was reportedly in stable condition, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Shanece Reynolds, 13, and Hailey Burr, 15, were transported by ambulance to Mountain View Hospital in Payson where they were treated for leg injuries and later released.
Officials say the four victims were attending a party when the incident occurred. They were crossing the street, which is located in a rural area with no street lighting, just before 9:30 p.m. when they were struck by a vehicle being driven by a 17-year-old girl.
There was no indication that the victims had consumed alcohol or that the driver was impaired or speeding, according to officials. The driver was reportedly cooperative with investigators and extremely upset over the incident.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18