PAYSON — A 13-year-old girl remained hospitalized in critical condition Sunday and three other teens were injured after they were struck by a car Saturday night while crossing 5600 West near 9200 South just north of Payson.
Courtney Osborn and Jared Filmore, both 13, were transported by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. Osborn was in critical condition on life support and Filmore, who sustained head trauma and multiple broken bones, was reportedly in stable condition, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Shanece Reynolds, 13, and Hailey Burr, 15, were transported by ambulance to Mountain View Hospital in Payson where they were treated for leg injuries and later released.
Officials say the four victims were attending a party when the incident occurred. They were crossing the street, which is located in a rural area with no street lighting, just before 9:30 p.m. when they were struck by a vehicle being driven by a 17-year-old girl.
There was no indication that the victims had consumed alcohol or that the driver was impaired or speeding, according to officials. The driver was reportedly cooperative with investigators and extremely upset over the incident.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12