PAYSON — A 13-year-old girl remained hospitalized in critical condition Sunday and three other teens were injured after they were struck by a car Saturday night while crossing 5600 West near 9200 South just north of Payson.
Courtney Osborn and Jared Filmore, both 13, were transported by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. Osborn was in critical condition on life support and Filmore, who sustained head trauma and multiple broken bones, was reportedly in stable condition, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Shanece Reynolds, 13, and Hailey Burr, 15, were transported by ambulance to Mountain View Hospital in Payson where they were treated for leg injuries and later released.
Officials say the four victims were attending a party when the incident occurred. They were crossing the street, which is located in a rural area with no street lighting, just before 9:30 p.m. when they were struck by a vehicle being driven by a 17-year-old girl.
There was no indication that the victims had consumed alcohol or that the driver was impaired or speeding, according to officials. The driver was reportedly cooperative with investigators and extremely upset over the incident.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14