PAYSON — A 13-year-old girl remained hospitalized in critical condition Sunday and three other teens were injured after they were struck by a car Saturday night while crossing 5600 West near 9200 South just north of Payson.
Courtney Osborn and Jared Filmore, both 13, were transported by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. Osborn was in critical condition on life support and Filmore, who sustained head trauma and multiple broken bones, was reportedly in stable condition, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Shanece Reynolds, 13, and Hailey Burr, 15, were transported by ambulance to Mountain View Hospital in Payson where they were treated for leg injuries and later released.
Officials say the four victims were attending a party when the incident occurred. They were crossing the street, which is located in a rural area with no street lighting, just before 9:30 p.m. when they were struck by a vehicle being driven by a 17-year-old girl.
There was no indication that the victims had consumed alcohol or that the driver was impaired or speeding, according to officials. The driver was reportedly cooperative with investigators and extremely upset over the incident.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7