Maybe they just need encouragement. Instead of calling it the College Football Playoff, they could call it “The Playoffs Formerly Known as BCS.”
Rather than the Super Bowl, the NFL could call it the “Midwinter Gridiron Classic.” The NBA Finals could become “The Bill Russell Cup,” seeing how he pretty much invented the NBA Finals anyway.
It has been suggested the colleges call their final event the “Football Four.” Not great, but it’s as good as the Final Four. Only problem is that it implies the playoff will never grow.
How about the “Great American Football Summit?” or “Bo Jackson’s Revenge?”
OK, that might be a little silly, but surely they could spice things up.
The point is that they avoid calling it what they are: the College Football Playoff.
Because we already know that.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 95
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 78
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 59
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 42