Maybe they just need encouragement. Instead of calling it the College Football Playoff, they could call it “The Playoffs Formerly Known as BCS.”
Rather than the Super Bowl, the NFL could call it the “Midwinter Gridiron Classic.” The NBA Finals could become “The Bill Russell Cup,” seeing how he pretty much invented the NBA Finals anyway.
It has been suggested the colleges call their final event the “Football Four.” Not great, but it’s as good as the Final Four. Only problem is that it implies the playoff will never grow.
How about the “Great American Football Summit?” or “Bo Jackson’s Revenge?”
OK, that might be a little silly, but surely they could spice things up.
The point is that they avoid calling it what they are: the College Football Playoff.
Because we already know that.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi excited about...
- BYU basketball: Tyler Haws passes Russell...
- BYU report card vs. San Francisco: Cougars...
- Brad Rock: Ex-Jazz players skip the drama
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 85
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 45
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24