Southern Utah University rugby player charged with rape
CEDAR CITY — A member of Southern Utah University's rugby team has been charged with raping a woman near the school's campus.
Aaron Price, 19, was charged in 5th District Court with rape, a first-degree felony. Price was booked into Iron County Jail Thursday night, but was released after posting bail, which was set at $50,000.
A female victim told police she was raped Tuesday near SUU's campus. Price carried the woman to a bedroom, held her down and forced her to have sex with him, according to court documents.
After collecting forensic evidence from the scene, police located and interviewed Price. He told officers he forced the woman to have sex, and that she fought him and told him no, court documents state.
Price plays wing and flank for the SUU rugby team, which is a student club recognized by the United States of America Rugby Football Union.
— McKenzie Romero
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 47
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 32
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14