Southern Utah University rugby player charged with rape
CEDAR CITY — A member of Southern Utah University's rugby team has been charged with raping a woman near the school's campus.
Aaron Price, 19, was charged in 5th District Court with rape, a first-degree felony. Price was booked into Iron County Jail Thursday night, but was released after posting bail, which was set at $50,000.
A female victim told police she was raped Tuesday near SUU's campus. Price carried the woman to a bedroom, held her down and forced her to have sex with him, according to court documents.
After collecting forensic evidence from the scene, police located and interviewed Price. He told officers he forced the woman to have sex, and that she fought him and told him no, court documents state.
Price plays wing and flank for the SUU rugby team, which is a student club recognized by the United States of America Rugby Football Union.
— McKenzie Romero
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Expunging criminal records expected to help...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 50
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- Obama to unveil Clean Power Plan; plan... 10