Southern Utah University rugby player charged with rape
CEDAR CITY — A member of Southern Utah University's rugby team has been charged with raping a woman near the school's campus.
Aaron Price, 19, was charged in 5th District Court with rape, a first-degree felony. Price was booked into Iron County Jail Thursday night, but was released after posting bail, which was set at $50,000.
A female victim told police she was raped Tuesday near SUU's campus. Price carried the woman to a bedroom, held her down and forced her to have sex with him, according to court documents.
After collecting forensic evidence from the scene, police located and interviewed Price. He told officers he forced the woman to have sex, and that she fought him and told him no, court documents state.
Price plays wing and flank for the SUU rugby team, which is a student club recognized by the United States of America Rugby Football Union.
— McKenzie Romero
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 118
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 44
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17
- Fossil fuels rally planned for Thursday... 17