Southern Utah University rugby player charged with rape
CEDAR CITY — A member of Southern Utah University's rugby team has been charged with raping a woman near the school's campus.
Aaron Price, 19, was charged in 5th District Court with rape, a first-degree felony. Price was booked into Iron County Jail Thursday night, but was released after posting bail, which was set at $50,000.
A female victim told police she was raped Tuesday near SUU's campus. Price carried the woman to a bedroom, held her down and forced her to have sex with him, according to court documents.
After collecting forensic evidence from the scene, police located and interviewed Price. He told officers he forced the woman to have sex, and that she fought him and told him no, court documents state.
Price plays wing and flank for the SUU rugby team, which is a student club recognized by the United States of America Rugby Football Union.
— McKenzie Romero
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14