Southern Utah University rugby player charged with rape
CEDAR CITY — A member of Southern Utah University's rugby team has been charged with raping a woman near the school's campus.
Aaron Price, 19, was charged in 5th District Court with rape, a first-degree felony. Price was booked into Iron County Jail Thursday night, but was released after posting bail, which was set at $50,000.
A female victim told police she was raped Tuesday near SUU's campus. Price carried the woman to a bedroom, held her down and forced her to have sex with him, according to court documents.
After collecting forensic evidence from the scene, police located and interviewed Price. He told officers he forced the woman to have sex, and that she fought him and told him no, court documents state.
Price plays wing and flank for the SUU rugby team, which is a student club recognized by the United States of America Rugby Football Union.
— McKenzie Romero
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22