GREEN RIVER, Emery County — A man who investigators believe was making a drug run from California to the East Coast was arrested in Utah with 65 pounds of marijuana in his motor home.
A trooper pulled over a motor home Wednesday on I-70 near Green River because of illegally tinted windows and lane violations, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The trooper became suspicious of the driver, conducted a records check on him and subsequently called for a drug-sniffing K-9 to go through the motor home. The dog discovered 65 pounds of marijuana, the UHP said.
Warren DeBiew, 57, from New York, was arrested for investigation of drug possession with intent to distribute and booked into the Emery County Jail.
— Pat Reavy
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8