GREEN RIVER, Emery County — A man who investigators believe was making a drug run from California to the East Coast was arrested in Utah with 65 pounds of marijuana in his motor home.
A trooper pulled over a motor home Wednesday on I-70 near Green River because of illegally tinted windows and lane violations, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The trooper became suspicious of the driver, conducted a records check on him and subsequently called for a drug-sniffing K-9 to go through the motor home. The dog discovered 65 pounds of marijuana, the UHP said.
Warren DeBiew, 57, from New York, was arrested for investigation of drug possession with intent to distribute and booked into the Emery County Jail.
— Pat Reavy
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 24