SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has named Monica Rotermund as the district's 2013 Teacher of the Year.
Rotermund teaches sixth-grade math at Brookwood Elementary School.
"Students leave her class with excellent math skills and an increased self-confidence," states a letter nominating Rotermund for the Teacher of the Year award. "Students thrive in Monica's class because of her passion for teaching and compassion for students."
The award includes $1,000 from the Canyons School District Education Foundation. The board also honored all 45 school teachers of the year and recognized two runners-up — Millie Rogers of Jordan Valley School and Rachel Hardy of Jordan High — at a special reception earlier this month.
Rotermund will represent Canyons School District in the Utah Teacher of the Year contest this fall.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 21
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17