SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has named Monica Rotermund as the district's 2013 Teacher of the Year.
Rotermund teaches sixth-grade math at Brookwood Elementary School.
"Students leave her class with excellent math skills and an increased self-confidence," states a letter nominating Rotermund for the Teacher of the Year award. "Students thrive in Monica's class because of her passion for teaching and compassion for students."
The award includes $1,000 from the Canyons School District Education Foundation. The board also honored all 45 school teachers of the year and recognized two runners-up — Millie Rogers of Jordan Valley School and Rachel Hardy of Jordan High — at a special reception earlier this month.
Rotermund will represent Canyons School District in the Utah Teacher of the Year contest this fall.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10