SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has named Monica Rotermund as the district's 2013 Teacher of the Year.
Rotermund teaches sixth-grade math at Brookwood Elementary School.
"Students leave her class with excellent math skills and an increased self-confidence," states a letter nominating Rotermund for the Teacher of the Year award. "Students thrive in Monica's class because of her passion for teaching and compassion for students."
The award includes $1,000 from the Canyons School District Education Foundation. The board also honored all 45 school teachers of the year and recognized two runners-up — Millie Rogers of Jordan Valley School and Rachel Hardy of Jordan High — at a special reception earlier this month.
Rotermund will represent Canyons School District in the Utah Teacher of the Year contest this fall.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 74
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18