SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has named Monica Rotermund as the district's 2013 Teacher of the Year.
Rotermund teaches sixth-grade math at Brookwood Elementary School.
"Students leave her class with excellent math skills and an increased self-confidence," states a letter nominating Rotermund for the Teacher of the Year award. "Students thrive in Monica's class because of her passion for teaching and compassion for students."
The award includes $1,000 from the Canyons School District Education Foundation. The board also honored all 45 school teachers of the year and recognized two runners-up — Millie Rogers of Jordan Valley School and Rachel Hardy of Jordan High — at a special reception earlier this month.
Rotermund will represent Canyons School District in the Utah Teacher of the Year contest this fall.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15