SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has named Monica Rotermund as the district's 2013 Teacher of the Year.
Rotermund teaches sixth-grade math at Brookwood Elementary School.
"Students leave her class with excellent math skills and an increased self-confidence," states a letter nominating Rotermund for the Teacher of the Year award. "Students thrive in Monica's class because of her passion for teaching and compassion for students."
The award includes $1,000 from the Canyons School District Education Foundation. The board also honored all 45 school teachers of the year and recognized two runners-up — Millie Rogers of Jordan Valley School and Rachel Hardy of Jordan High — at a special reception earlier this month.
Rotermund will represent Canyons School District in the Utah Teacher of the Year contest this fall.
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- West Valley police investigating Sunday...
- Police investigating gunshots in Liberty Park
- Greek Orthodox parish in Cottonwood Heights...
- Some relatives of man killed by police settle...
- Oldest Utahn Beatrice Payne celebrates 107th...
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 91
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 52
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 36
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28