USU tennis: Sven Poslusny earns second-team tennis singles all-WAC honors
Utah State senior men’s tennis player Sven Poslusny earned second-team singles all-Western Athletic Conference honors at the annual tennis banquet held in Denver on Thursday night prior to the beginning of the men’s tournament on Friday.
Poslusny, a senior from Lorrach, Germany, earned second-team all-WAC honors in singles for the second-straight season. Overall, the senior has accumulated three overall league honors. In 2011, Poslusny and Bryan Marchant, the Aggies’ current interim head coach, were on the all-WAC doubles second team.
Poslusny was the only Utah State tennis player to be honored for both the men and women’s teams.
The senior went 16-8 during the regular season, playing primarily at the No. 1 position. Poslusny ended dual match play 10-7 in the No. 1 spot.
Fifth-seeded Utah State will open the WAC Men’s Tournament on Friday, April 26, taking on fourth-seeded New Mexico State, in the quarterfinal. Play will start at 10 a.m. (MT).
This year’s tournament is hosted by the University of Denver in Denver, Colo., and will take place at the Gates Tennis Center. Tournament action will start Friday, April 26, and go through Sunday, April 28. Admission is free to all matches.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15