PAYSON — A Payson motorcyclist died after driving off a winding canyon road Thursday night.
Alexander L. Davis, 19, and his motorcycle were spotted in the river south of Maple Dell Scout Camp, about 20 feet down from the Payson Canyon Roadway at 7:15 p.m.
Because there was no cell service in the area, someone proceeded back down the canyon to call police while another bystander retrieved Davis from the river.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said Davis sustained significant head and neck trauma. Davis' motorcycle went over the edge after he was apparently unable to navigate a left-hand curve, Cannon said. Davis was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Bystanders rendered first aid until medical personnel arrived, but he was declared dead at the scene when paramedics were unable to resuscitate him.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 45
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 15
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 13
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9