PAYSON — A Payson motorcyclist died after driving off a winding canyon road Thursday night.
Alexander L. Davis, 19, and his motorcycle were spotted in the river south of Maple Dell Scout Camp, about 20 feet down from the Payson Canyon Roadway at 7:15 p.m.
Because there was no cell service in the area, someone proceeded back down the canyon to call police while another bystander retrieved Davis from the river.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said Davis sustained significant head and neck trauma. Davis' motorcycle went over the edge after he was apparently unable to navigate a left-hand curve, Cannon said. Davis was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Bystanders rendered first aid until medical personnel arrived, but he was declared dead at the scene when paramedics were unable to resuscitate him.
— McKenzie Romero
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 11
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10