PAYSON — A Payson motorcyclist died after driving off a winding canyon road Thursday night.
Alexander L. Davis, 19, and his motorcycle were spotted in the river south of Maple Dell Scout Camp, about 20 feet down from the Payson Canyon Roadway at 7:15 p.m.
Because there was no cell service in the area, someone proceeded back down the canyon to call police while another bystander retrieved Davis from the river.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said Davis sustained significant head and neck trauma. Davis' motorcycle went over the edge after he was apparently unable to navigate a left-hand curve, Cannon said. Davis was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Bystanders rendered first aid until medical personnel arrived, but he was declared dead at the scene when paramedics were unable to resuscitate him.
— McKenzie Romero
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14