PAYSON — A Payson motorcyclist died after driving off a winding canyon road Thursday night.
Alexander L. Davis, 19, and his motorcycle were spotted in the river south of Maple Dell Scout Camp, about 20 feet down from the Payson Canyon Roadway at 7:15 p.m.
Because there was no cell service in the area, someone proceeded back down the canyon to call police while another bystander retrieved Davis from the river.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said Davis sustained significant head and neck trauma. Davis' motorcycle went over the edge after he was apparently unable to navigate a left-hand curve, Cannon said. Davis was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Bystanders rendered first aid until medical personnel arrived, but he was declared dead at the scene when paramedics were unable to resuscitate him.
— McKenzie Romero
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9