Police officer's act of kindness makes impact on Facebook users
What started out as a day full of tears ended in an act of kindness by California police officer Michael Kohr.
Last week, Nina Sanchez of Oxnard, Calif., went outside with her young daughter, Bella, to find that her daughter's bike and their jogging stroller had been stolen. After consoling her daughter, Sanchez called the Oxnard police to file a report.
The next day Sanchez received a call she wasn't expecting, and Kohr showed up at the Sanchez home with a brand-new bike for Bella.
Sanchez was so touched by the gesture that she turned to Facebook and wrote the following post:
"Yesterday morning on my way to take my daughter, Bella, on a bike ride, to our dismay we realized her cherished Minnie Mouse bike that Santa brought her had been stolen, along with our jogging stroller. To say we were heartbroken is an understatement. Through many tears and reassuring hugs, I managed to call in a police report. This afternoon I received a call from officer Kohr (telling us) that he was on his way with a brand-new princess bike. He not only surprised her with a bike that is her favorite color featuring her favorite princess, he took the time to teach her how to ride it. This is kindness and selflessness at its finest. This officer went well above his call of duty and took the time to make a little girl's day. I can not fully express how grateful I am. He has left such an impression in our hearts, and I am thoroughly impressed with his generosity. Thank you once again, officer Kohr."
As of Wednesday morning, Sanchez's post had been shared more than 70,000 times and has more than 640,000 likes.
Several comments express appreciation for Sanchez sharing her positive experience and for Kohr's service. Oxnard Police Department also commented on the Facebook post in appreciation for Sanchez.
"We don't get emails/messages like this directly from community members often. Thank you, Nina Sanchez for sharing! And, thank you, officer Michael Kohr, for taking exceptional service to heart and going above and beyond!"
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Families have become the scapegoat of holiday...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- Utahn on 'Biggest Loser' gets another chance...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 15
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 9
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex 7
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the... 6
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere 5
- A community of theater: Utah theater... 2