Police officer's act of kindness makes impact on Facebook users
What started out as a day full of tears ended in an act of kindness by California police officer Michael Kohr.
Last week, Nina Sanchez of Oxnard, Calif., went outside with her young daughter, Bella, to find that her daughter's bike and their jogging stroller had been stolen. After consoling her daughter, Sanchez called the Oxnard police to file a report.
The next day Sanchez received a call she wasn't expecting, and Kohr showed up at the Sanchez home with a brand-new bike for Bella.
Sanchez was so touched by the gesture that she turned to Facebook and wrote the following post:
"Yesterday morning on my way to take my daughter, Bella, on a bike ride, to our dismay we realized her cherished Minnie Mouse bike that Santa brought her had been stolen, along with our jogging stroller. To say we were heartbroken is an understatement. Through many tears and reassuring hugs, I managed to call in a police report. This afternoon I received a call from officer Kohr (telling us) that he was on his way with a brand-new princess bike. He not only surprised her with a bike that is her favorite color featuring her favorite princess, he took the time to teach her how to ride it. This is kindness and selflessness at its finest. This officer went well above his call of duty and took the time to make a little girl's day. I can not fully express how grateful I am. He has left such an impression in our hearts, and I am thoroughly impressed with his generosity. Thank you once again, officer Kohr."
As of Wednesday morning, Sanchez's post had been shared more than 70,000 times and has more than 640,000 likes.
Several comments express appreciation for Sanchez sharing her positive experience and for Kohr's service. Oxnard Police Department also commented on the Facebook post in appreciation for Sanchez.
"We don't get emails/messages like this directly from community members often. Thank you, Nina Sanchez for sharing! And, thank you, officer Michael Kohr, for taking exceptional service to heart and going above and beyond!"
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all learn...
- Leaving your child alone in public? Better be...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 13
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for... 5