USU track: Aggies to compete at California Brutus Hamilton Invitational
Utah State's men's and women's track and field teams will travel to Berkeley, Calif., for the University of California hosted Brutus Hamilton Invitational on Thursday through Saturday, April 25-27.
Action will begin at 9:30 a.m. (MT) on Friday with the field events, while the running events start at 1:30 p.m. Saturday's portion of the meet will start at 10:30 a.m., opening with the field events, and running events will kick off at 1:30 p.m. The invitational is set to conclude after the women's and men's 4x400m relays at 4:50 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively.
"We are just looking for another good opportunity to perform well," Aggie head coach Gregg Gensel said. "We are hoping to improve and do all of the fine tuning and training we need before the conference meet."
Live results will be available for the Brutus Hamilton Invitational by clicking on the "Live Results" link on the USU website.
Sophomore Chari Hawkins was named the America First Credit Union USU Student-Athlete of the Week as well as the Western Athletic Conference Women's Field Athlete of the Week after setting the school record in the heptathlon with 5,411 points at the Mt. SAC Relays Combined Events in Azusa, Calif., this past weekend. Hawkins now ranks 14th nationally in the event.
Utah State also hosted the USU Mark Faldmo Invitational last week as the Aggies went on to win 10 events in their lone home meet of the year.
A handful of Aggies will also be in action this weekend as they are set to compete in the BYU Clarence Robison Invitational in Provo, Utah, on Friday and Saturday, April 26-27.
After this weekend's competition, USU track and field will take a week off to prepare for the 2013 WAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships that will be hosted by the University of Texas at Arlington on Wednesday through Saturday, May 8-11.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 56
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 45
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42