USU track: Aggies to compete at California Brutus Hamilton Invitational
Utah State's men's and women's track and field teams will travel to Berkeley, Calif., for the University of California hosted Brutus Hamilton Invitational on Thursday through Saturday, April 25-27.
Action will begin at 9:30 a.m. (MT) on Friday with the field events, while the running events start at 1:30 p.m. Saturday's portion of the meet will start at 10:30 a.m., opening with the field events, and running events will kick off at 1:30 p.m. The invitational is set to conclude after the women's and men's 4x400m relays at 4:50 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively.
"We are just looking for another good opportunity to perform well," Aggie head coach Gregg Gensel said. "We are hoping to improve and do all of the fine tuning and training we need before the conference meet."
Live results will be available for the Brutus Hamilton Invitational by clicking on the "Live Results" link on the USU website.
Sophomore Chari Hawkins was named the America First Credit Union USU Student-Athlete of the Week as well as the Western Athletic Conference Women's Field Athlete of the Week after setting the school record in the heptathlon with 5,411 points at the Mt. SAC Relays Combined Events in Azusa, Calif., this past weekend. Hawkins now ranks 14th nationally in the event.
Utah State also hosted the USU Mark Faldmo Invitational last week as the Aggies went on to win 10 events in their lone home meet of the year.
A handful of Aggies will also be in action this weekend as they are set to compete in the BYU Clarence Robison Invitational in Provo, Utah, on Friday and Saturday, April 26-27.
After this weekend's competition, USU track and field will take a week off to prepare for the 2013 WAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships that will be hosted by the University of Texas at Arlington on Wednesday through Saturday, May 8-11.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 50
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 39
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 30
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 22
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 8
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Utah Jazz continue process of finding... 7