USU golf: Aggies to compete in BYU hosted PING Cougar Classic
Utah State's men's golf team will continue its spring schedule this weekend as it travels to Provo to compete in the PING Cougar Classic on Friday and Saturday, April 26-27. The two-day tournament, hosted by BYU, will be held at the Riverside Country Club in Provo.
The 54-hole tournament will begin with two rounds Friday, while the final 18 holes will be played Saturday. The Riverside Country Club is a par-72 course with a total yardage of 7,142.
Joining Utah State in the nine-team field will be Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, St. Mary’s, Southern Utah, Weber State, Wyoming and host BYU.
Competing for the Aggies will be seniors Brendan Dennis and Kris Sayer, junior Tanner Higham, and freshmen Seokwon Jeon and Reed Platke.
Utah State has participated in four tournaments thus far this spring as it finished tied for sixth at the Southern Utah hosted Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational, while also placing sixth at the Cal State Fullerton hosted Folino Invitational and eighth at the Cal Poly hosted Match Play Championships. In its last competition, USU finished 22nd at the Wyoming hosted Cowboy Classic in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Higham currently leads Utah State with a stroke average of 73.27 in 22 rounds, followed by Jeon (74.77), Platke (75.64), Dennis (77.11) and Sayer (77.41).
Utah State finished in ninth place with a 34-over 898 (302-301-295) at last year's PING Cougar Classic as Higham tied for 19th with a 4-over 220 (73-74-73) and Dennis tied for 48th with an 18-over 234 (77-80-77).
Live scoring is available for both days of the PING Cougar Classic at www.golfstat.com.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20