USU tennis: fifth-seeded Utah State men's tennis takes on fourth-seeded New Mexico State in WAC Tournament on Friday
Fifth-seeded Utah State men's tennis will open the Western Athletic Conference Men's Tournament on Friday, April 26, taking on fourth-seeded New Mexico State in the quarterfinal in a battle of the Aggies. Play will start at 10 a.m. (MT).
This year's tournament is hosted by the University of Denver in Denver, Colo., and will take place at the Gates Tennis Center. Tournament action will start Friday, April 26, and go through Sunday, April 28. Admission is free to all matches.
The top seed in the tournament is host and league newcomer, Denver, which will face the winner of the USU-NMSU match on Saturday, April 27. Second-seeded Idaho will face the winner of Friday's other quarterfinal match between third-seeded UTSA and sixth-seeded UT Arlington. The championship match is slated for 10 a.m. on Sunday, April 28.
The Aggies went 2-4 in WAC play and 7-14 overall for the regular season. USU lost to NMSU, 4-2, in the regular-season meeting between the two teams on April 13 in Logan.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 150
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 61
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 19