"He started coming over to our house, and he turned into a member of the family," Chris Washburn said. "He's like a big brother to my kids. He's just part of our family."
Ansah serves as a tutor for the Washburn kids.
"With our younger girls, he's very patient. He tutors them with math and spends hours with them," Washburn said. "He's tutored our 15-year-old on chemistry. He tutored our 12-year-old on algebra and geometry. He would look at my daughter and say, 'Are you getting it?' She'd say 'Yeah.' He told her, 'You're not getting it. Go for a walk around the kitchen and come back and we'll do it again.' He's a very patient person, to take the time to spend hours helping them. It's a neat thing.”
Ansah’s twin passions have always been his education and sports.
Elizabeth Cole said her son grew up playing soccer and basketball. "He is a person who is determined. He is always gentle, ready to help," she said. "I was expecting him to be a basketball player and he ended up on the football team. I am happy for him."
After the draft, Elizabeth is flying to Utah for the first time. "I want to see where my boy became a football player," she said.
And a college graduate.
- Let's go bowling: Predicting this year's 35...
- Utah Jazz: NBA taking notice of Jazz rookie...
- High school boys basketball: 5 top Utah prep...
- BYU football: Cougars sign JC wide receiver,...
- Commentary: For the Jazz, it's all about 2016-17
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Utah Utes basketball: Bachynski's back and a...
- BYU, Utah basketball: Fast start lifts... 156
- BYU digs early hole, can't recover in... 42
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com... 41
- Brad Rock: Utah, BYU coaches keep it in... 36
- Utah basketball: Ute sophomore Jordan... 31
- BYU, Utah basketball report card: Utes... 25
- Utah State basketball: Leading scorer... 25
- BYU football: Kyle Van Noy accepts... 25