Breakfast is supposedly the most important meal of the day, but so many of us are so busy in the morning, we often end up with nothing but coffee and a bad case of the jitters. This Zucchini and Egg Breakfast Burrito is tasty and filling.
What makes this even better is this recipe is healthy and low in fat and calories, plus it will keep you satisfied all morning. Zucchini is full of fiber and other nutrients and gives this dish a boost of fresh flavor.
I love using the uncooked tortillas and making this dish extra fresh by quickly cooking them on a hot skillet before loading them up with heaps of delicious filling. The burrito is also compact, so mix one up and pack it along for the ride to work.
And just because eggs are the main ingredient doesn’t mean this dish can’t be enjoyed for lunch or a light dinner. Add some salsa and you won’t be able to resist this healthy treat.
Belle’s Zucchini Breakfast Burritos
1 cup zucchini, shredded
¼ cup onions, chopped
3 eggs, scrambled
1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 uncooked flour tortillas
In a fry pan, cook the zucchini and onion in the olive oil for about 2 minutes or until tender. Pour eggs over top and cook while turning the eggs until they are set. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Turn to low and cook each tortilla on a hot skillet until slightly browned and puffy. Place each tortilla on a plate and divide the egg filling on each. Sprinkle each with a quarter cup of the cheese. Fold up the sides and top with salsa.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- UTubers: Cousins perform 'Shut Up and Dance'...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- BYUtv's 'Studio C' is back with 150-plus new...
- UTubers: BYU's Divine Comedy makes computer...
- What's the secret to a happy marriage? It's...
- Erin Stewart: Are Mormon women getting...
- Chris Hicks: Faith films can't be dismissed...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old boy performs 'Do...
- Erin Stewart: Are Mormon women getting... 41
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on... 7
- Chris Hicks: Faith films can't be... 6
- Mental health issues recast as a... 5
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes,... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Advice for... 3
- BYUtv's 'Studio C' is back with... 3
- There is more to fry sauce than just... 2