UVU golf: Dougal tied for lead after Day 1 of GWC Tournament
SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal recorded an 9-over-par 81 on Wednesday and is in a three-way tie for first place after Day 1 of the Great West Conference Tournament.
Dougal, who has three top 10 finishes under her belt this year, is tied atop the leaderboard with Houston Baptist's Kelsey Lou-Hing and Chicago State's Andrea Rosado.
Dougal had one birdie and nine pars on the day at the par-72, 6,239 yard course at The Dominion Country Club.
UVU sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel, who was top medalist at the tournament last year at Alpine Country Club in Highland, Utah, is tied for fifth after an opening-day 85, as is Heather Mathison.
As a team, the Wolverines (338) are tied for second with Chicago State, while University of Texas-Pan American is fourth (352).
Houston Baptist, which won the team title last year, is in first by one shot.
In addition to Dougal, Nagel and Mathison, Brooke Bliss is tied for 13th (86) and Kalea Heu is tied for 19th (91).
Day 2 of the three-day meet begins Thursday morning.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 17
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14