UVU golf: Dougal tied for lead after Day 1 of GWC Tournament
SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal recorded an 9-over-par 81 on Wednesday and is in a three-way tie for first place after Day 1 of the Great West Conference Tournament.
Dougal, who has three top 10 finishes under her belt this year, is tied atop the leaderboard with Houston Baptist's Kelsey Lou-Hing and Chicago State's Andrea Rosado.
Dougal had one birdie and nine pars on the day at the par-72, 6,239 yard course at The Dominion Country Club.
UVU sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel, who was top medalist at the tournament last year at Alpine Country Club in Highland, Utah, is tied for fifth after an opening-day 85, as is Heather Mathison.
As a team, the Wolverines (338) are tied for second with Chicago State, while University of Texas-Pan American is fourth (352).
Houston Baptist, which won the team title last year, is in first by one shot.
In addition to Dougal, Nagel and Mathison, Brooke Bliss is tied for 13th (86) and Kalea Heu is tied for 19th (91).
Day 2 of the three-day meet begins Thursday morning.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 133
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 55
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 36
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18