UVU golf: Dougal tied for lead after Day 1 of GWC Tournament
SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal recorded an 9-over-par 81 on Wednesday and is in a three-way tie for first place after Day 1 of the Great West Conference Tournament.
Dougal, who has three top 10 finishes under her belt this year, is tied atop the leaderboard with Houston Baptist's Kelsey Lou-Hing and Chicago State's Andrea Rosado.
Dougal had one birdie and nine pars on the day at the par-72, 6,239 yard course at The Dominion Country Club.
UVU sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel, who was top medalist at the tournament last year at Alpine Country Club in Highland, Utah, is tied for fifth after an opening-day 85, as is Heather Mathison.
As a team, the Wolverines (338) are tied for second with Chicago State, while University of Texas-Pan American is fourth (352).
Houston Baptist, which won the team title last year, is in first by one shot.
In addition to Dougal, Nagel and Mathison, Brooke Bliss is tied for 13th (86) and Kalea Heu is tied for 19th (91).
Day 2 of the three-day meet begins Thursday morning.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- High school football: Dixie defense comes up...
- Championship Friday, live streams, stats and...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 114
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 33
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 28
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21