UVU golf: Dougal tied for lead after Day 1 of GWC Tournament
SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal recorded an 9-over-par 81 on Wednesday and is in a three-way tie for first place after Day 1 of the Great West Conference Tournament.
Dougal, who has three top 10 finishes under her belt this year, is tied atop the leaderboard with Houston Baptist's Kelsey Lou-Hing and Chicago State's Andrea Rosado.
Dougal had one birdie and nine pars on the day at the par-72, 6,239 yard course at The Dominion Country Club.
UVU sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel, who was top medalist at the tournament last year at Alpine Country Club in Highland, Utah, is tied for fifth after an opening-day 85, as is Heather Mathison.
As a team, the Wolverines (338) are tied for second with Chicago State, while University of Texas-Pan American is fourth (352).
Houston Baptist, which won the team title last year, is in first by one shot.
In addition to Dougal, Nagel and Mathison, Brooke Bliss is tied for 13th (86) and Kalea Heu is tied for 19th (91).
Day 2 of the three-day meet begins Thursday morning.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 67
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51