BYU tennis: Cougars men's tennis enters WCC tournament as a No. 2 seed
PROVO, Utah — Entering as the No. 2 seed, the No. 39 BYU men’s tennis team received a bye for the first two rounds of the West Coast Conference Men’s Tennis Championships in San Diego.
The Cougars (20-5, 7-1 WCC) will face the winner of Thursday's match between the No. 3 seed San Diego and the No. 6 seed Saint Mary's. The winner will play BYU in one of two semifinal matchups on Friday at 12:30 PDT. BYU defeated San Diego earlier this season 4-3 at home. The Cougars also topped Saint Mary's in Provo, 6-1, on March 30.
In doubles play, the two share the court at the No. 1 doubles position and also own a team-high 16 victories in 2013. The duo holds a No. 80 ranking nationally.
The winner of the match will advance to the final round of the tournament.
The winner of the tournament earns an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
The tournament can be followed on WCC website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 20
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7
- Morning links: Utah Utes a sleeper in... 6