BYU tennis: Cougars men's tennis enters WCC tournament as a No. 2 seed
PROVO, Utah — Entering as the No. 2 seed, the No. 39 BYU men’s tennis team received a bye for the first two rounds of the West Coast Conference Men’s Tennis Championships in San Diego.
The Cougars (20-5, 7-1 WCC) will face the winner of Thursday's match between the No. 3 seed San Diego and the No. 6 seed Saint Mary's. The winner will play BYU in one of two semifinal matchups on Friday at 12:30 PDT. BYU defeated San Diego earlier this season 4-3 at home. The Cougars also topped Saint Mary's in Provo, 6-1, on March 30.
In doubles play, the two share the court at the No. 1 doubles position and also own a team-high 16 victories in 2013. The duo holds a No. 80 ranking nationally.
The winner of the match will advance to the final round of the tournament.
The winner of the tournament earns an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
The tournament can be followed on WCC website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- BYU football position preview: The...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 32
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25