BYU tennis: Cougars men's tennis enters WCC tournament as a No. 2 seed
PROVO, Utah — Entering as the No. 2 seed, the No. 39 BYU men’s tennis team received a bye for the first two rounds of the West Coast Conference Men’s Tennis Championships in San Diego.
The Cougars (20-5, 7-1 WCC) will face the winner of Thursday's match between the No. 3 seed San Diego and the No. 6 seed Saint Mary's. The winner will play BYU in one of two semifinal matchups on Friday at 12:30 PDT. BYU defeated San Diego earlier this season 4-3 at home. The Cougars also topped Saint Mary's in Provo, 6-1, on March 30.
In doubles play, the two share the court at the No. 1 doubles position and also own a team-high 16 victories in 2013. The duo holds a No. 80 ranking nationally.
The winner of the match will advance to the final round of the tournament.
The winner of the tournament earns an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
The tournament can be followed on WCC website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Hawaii trip had benefits for Utah Jazz aside...
- Utah football fans set to camp out for ESPN's...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 21
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19