• Cleaning up gasoline and cars by moving to a tighter gas and vehicle standard before the end of this year.
• Increase funding to clean up the air by enhancing monitoring systems and implementing critical air quality programs.
• Cleaning up coal-fired power plants, which are the single largest producer of greenhouse gases, according to the association. The Environmental Protection Agency should finish its process for setting carbon pollution standards for new power plants and strengthen standards for existing plants.
• Strengthen ozone standards.
The American Lung Association’s State of the Air 2013 report is an annual, national air quality report card. The 2013 report — the 14th annual release — uses the most recent air pollution data, compiled by the EPA in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Davis High teacher faces rape charges
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for...
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher watches...
- Parents plead for person who hit and killed...
- Utah-based 'Kid History' collaborates with...
- UVU plans campus shooting simulation Tuesday
- Ogden couple not giving up hope on finding...
- Federal judge overturns part of Utah's... 80
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for... 47
- Minimum wage debate rages on 22
- Family looks for answers after children... 21
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher... 16
- State GOP Central Committee chooses... 15
- British actor John Rhys-Davies 'flies'... 14
- UVU plans campus shooting simulation... 11