Mountain West Conference announces partial ESPN broadcast schedule for 2013 football season
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Mountain West Conference has released a portion of its national television schedule for the 2013 football season. The initial seven telecasts are slated for multiple ESPN networks, including four consecutive Friday night appearances on ESPN.
Wednesday’s announcement is the first under a new agreement with ESPN as the second MWC national television rights holder for conference-controlled football games. CBS Sports Network remains the primary rights holder for the Mountain West.
Between the two networks, up to 44 football games will be televised this year on various platforms. Broadcast details for the Mountain West package on CBS Sports Network, as well as additional telecasts on the ESPN networks, will be announced at a later date.
Beginning in the fall of 2013, MWC football membership will include Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, New Mexico, Utah State and Wyoming in the Mountain Division and Fresno State, Hawai‘i, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State and UNLV in the West Division.
Friday, Sept. 13, 6 p.m. MT, ESPN: Air Force at Boise State
Friday, Sept. 20, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN: Boise State at Fresno State
Friday, Sept. 27, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN: Utah State at San Jose State
Friday, Oct. 4, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN: Nevada at San Diego State
Friday, Nov. 8, 7 p.m. MT, ESPNU: Air Force at New Mexico
Thursday, Nov. 21, 7:30 p.m. MT, ESPNU: UNLV at Air Force
Friday, Nov. 22, 6:30 p.m. PT, ESPN2: Navy at San Jose State
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Things won't get any easier for disappointed...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead, game to...
- Mike Sorensen: 5 reasons to be excited (or...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 280
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 87
- Things won't get any easier for... 64
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 50
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- Utah football pre-game day roundup:... 19