Mountain West Conference announces partial ESPN broadcast schedule for 2013 football season
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Mountain West Conference has released a portion of its national television schedule for the 2013 football season. The initial seven telecasts are slated for multiple ESPN networks, including four consecutive Friday night appearances on ESPN.
Wednesday’s announcement is the first under a new agreement with ESPN as the second MWC national television rights holder for conference-controlled football games. CBS Sports Network remains the primary rights holder for the Mountain West.
Between the two networks, up to 44 football games will be televised this year on various platforms. Broadcast details for the Mountain West package on CBS Sports Network, as well as additional telecasts on the ESPN networks, will be announced at a later date.
Beginning in the fall of 2013, MWC football membership will include Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, New Mexico, Utah State and Wyoming in the Mountain Division and Fresno State, Hawai‘i, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State and UNLV in the West Division.
Friday, Sept. 13, 6 p.m. MT, ESPN: Air Force at Boise State
Friday, Sept. 20, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN: Boise State at Fresno State
Friday, Sept. 27, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN: Utah State at San Jose State
Friday, Oct. 4, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN: Nevada at San Diego State
Friday, Nov. 8, 7 p.m. MT, ESPNU: Air Force at New Mexico
Thursday, Nov. 21, 7:30 p.m. MT, ESPNU: UNLV at Air Force
Friday, Nov. 22, 6:30 p.m. PT, ESPN2: Navy at San Jose State
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14