Wanted man fled from court, is found hiding in garage
FARMINGTON — A man who police say was wanted in a three-county burglary spree was arrested Wednesday after being spotted in a most unlikely place — court.
Christian Wayne Pyle, 51, was in the parking lot of the 2nd District Court in Farmington when a bailiff recognized him, said Davis County Sheriff's Lt. Susan Poulsen. As the deputy approached Pyle, he ran back to his car and drove off.
Another man who was in the parking lot saw what was happening and decided to follow the suspect, Poulsen said. He followed Pyle into Farmington where Pyle abandoned his vehicle and ran off into a neighborhood.
Farmington Junior High and Farmington Elementary schools were placed on temporary lockdown as a precaution.
As sheriff's deputies and Farmington police surrounded the area, a resident went outside his house to ask what was going on, Poulsen said.
After talking to officers, the resident went into her garage where he was surprised to find the man hiding. When police arrested Pyle, they also found him to be in possession of methamphetamine, Poulsen said.
According to court records, an arrest warrant was issued for Pyle out of 3rd District Court on charges of burglary, theft and criminal mischief on April 8. Pyle's criminal history dates back 25 years for mostly theft, burglary and drug-related convictions and arrests, court records state.
He was presumably at the courthouse for a scheduled hearing on burglary and theft charges from July of 2012.
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in shoes...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- 4-year-old boy gets new ear with aid of a 3-D...
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 41
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 27
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14