First 'Man of Steel' tickets will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart
Clay Enos, Associated Press
For those wanting to see the new Superman movie “Man of Steel” before its “official” release on June 14, there will only be one place to purchase special-engagement tickets: Wal-Mart.
“Wal-Mart, in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures, will begin selling tickets at 8 a.m. on May 18 to the special showing of the film,” Dawn C. Chmielewski reported Tuesday for the Los Angeles Times. “Customers can purchase as many as four tickets each for the 7 p.m. June 13 screening of the movie at one of 2,379 local theaters.”
The New York Times’ Brooks Barnes wrote, “In an unusual promotional partnership the promotion is designed to fill seats on opening weekend; Warner is counting on extensive in-store advertising and a burst of chatter on social media. Simultaneously, the goal is to send shoppers cascading into the arms of the world’s largest retailer. Warner and Wal-Mart billed the partnership as a Hollywood first."
“Ticket prices will be set around the standard price in theaters near each store,” Ben Fritz reported for The Wall Street Journal. “The retailer won't take a cut of the box-office revenue, said Brent Duwe, Wal-Mart's director of entertainment-property merchandising. It has become increasingly common for Hollywood studios to screen movies the night before their advertised openings. But Wal-Mart and Warner said no studio has sold tickets through a single retailer before.”
Jamshid Ghazi Askar is a graduate of BYU's J. Reuben Clark Law School and member of the Utah State Bar. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-236-6051.
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious Liberty...
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 114
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 22
- California orders churches, others to... 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 18
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7