VERNAL — A Uintah County man has been arrested after deputies say he used a metal baseball bat to attack his ex-girlfriend and a man who was with her.
On April 18, deputies were called to a home in the Hidden Hollow subdivision. When they arrived, they found a woman and a man who said they'd been attacked by the woman's ex-boyfriend in the driveway of the home, Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Brian Fletcher said.
Deputies were able to identify Daniel Brewer as the man responsible for the attack, Fletcher said. They learned that Brewer had followed the couple's car to the home, waited until they got out of their vehicle and then began arguing with them, the corporal said.
"During the dispute, Brewer went to his truck and retrieved a metal baseball bat," Fletcher said. "He then reapproached the individuals and at some point began swinging the bat, striking both the male and female in the head."
A child who had been in the man and woman's vehicle witnessed the incident, deputies said.
Brewer, 21, left the home before deputies arrived. The man and woman were taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center, where doctors had to use staples to close a laceration in the man's scalp.
Investigators found Brewer the following day. He was booked into the Uintah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12