SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert on Monday appointed Renee M. Jimenez to fill a vacancy on the 3rd District Juvenile Court bench.
“Renee’s extensive experience will provide valuable insight and guidance to struggling youth,” Herbert said. “Her notable expertise in child support and family welfare law will be truly valuable as we work to strengthen and support Utah families.”
Jimenez has experience in child welfare law from her role as an attorney and also as a section chief at the Utah Attorney General’s Office. She was responsible for hundreds of active child support, child abuse and neglect cases.
“I am very honored by this appointment,” Jimenez said. “My time at the Attorney General’s Office Child Protection Division has provided me with a solid background for the very important work of the juvenile court, and I look forward to my continued service to the state of Utah.”
Jimenez also has served as chairwoman of the Utah Supreme Court’s Diversion Committee for four years and then as a member for three years. She has served as a member of the Drug Court Management Team, the advisory committee on the Rules of Juvenile Procedure and as chairwoman of the Ethics and Discipline Committee. She received her juris doctor degree from the University of Utah.
Jimenez fills the vacancy left by Judge Frederic M. Oddone who retired April 16.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11