PROVO, Utah – After a 10-10 finish for the regular season, the BYU women’s tennis team plays as the No. 6 seed in the West Coast Conference Tennis Championships on April 24-27 at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego.
The Cougars face No. 7 seed Loyola Marymount on Wednesday, April 24 at 9:30 a.m. PDT. BYU came away with a 4-0 win when the two teams met April 20. LMU finished with a 10-11 record, including 2-6 in league play.
Senior Aubrey Paul and freshman Nicolette Tran each earned a team-high 14 singles victories during the regular season. In doubles play, sophomore Morgan Anderson and freshman Mackenna Maddox finished with a 10-5 mark in 2013 at the No. 1 doubles position.
The winner of the match will advance to the next round to face No. 3 seed Santa Clara on Thursday, April 25 at 9:30 a.m. PDT.
The winner of the WCC Tennis Championships will receive an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.
The tournament can be followed on WCC Tournament Central.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43