Eight former Jazz players still have something to play for
The Jazz's 2012-13 season is over, but eight former members of the team have seen their respective years extended with other clubs that made the playoffs.
Some of these players have become NBA journeymen since they've left Salt Lake City. Others have not, staying with only one team ever since they've left Utah. All of the players in this year's chase for the NBA championship played in Utah during the last five years, save one.
Three of these players now play for the Atlanta Hawks, though since they left Utah, several of them have played together on teams other than the ones currently signing their paychecks, a testament to the fluidity of NBA rosters year to year. Two former Jazz men play for the Oklahoma City Thunder, one plays for the Denver Nuggets, one for the Chicago Bulls and one for the Brooklyn Nets.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 36