Eight former Jazz players still have something to play for
The Jazz's 2012-13 season is over, but eight former members of the team have seen their respective years extended with other clubs that made the playoffs.
Some of these players have become NBA journeymen since they've left Salt Lake City. Others have not, staying with only one team ever since they've left Utah. All of the players in this year's chase for the NBA championship played in Utah during the last five years, save one.
Three of these players now play for the Atlanta Hawks, though since they left Utah, several of them have played together on teams other than the ones currently signing their paychecks, a testament to the fluidity of NBA rosters year to year. Two former Jazz men play for the Oklahoma City Thunder, one plays for the Denver Nuggets, one for the Chicago Bulls and one for the Brooklyn Nets.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 49
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29