Eight former Jazz players still have something to play for
The Jazz's 2012-13 season is over, but eight former members of the team have seen their respective years extended with other clubs that made the playoffs.
Some of these players have become NBA journeymen since they've left Salt Lake City. Others have not, staying with only one team ever since they've left Utah. All of the players in this year's chase for the NBA championship played in Utah during the last five years, save one.
Three of these players now play for the Atlanta Hawks, though since they left Utah, several of them have played together on teams other than the ones currently signing their paychecks, a testament to the fluidity of NBA rosters year to year. Two former Jazz men play for the Oklahoma City Thunder, one plays for the Denver Nuggets, one for the Chicago Bulls and one for the Brooklyn Nets.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28