As BYU-Utah baseball game looms, Cougars on a hot streak behind excellent coaching
"It's one of our favorite games of the year. We've all got friends on Utah's team," Whitney said. "It's bragging rights for the players and for recruiting. We like to play well against Utah and prove that we like to think that we're the best university. We're excited to play Utah next."
A former BYU player, Littlewood understands what the series with the Utes means to the schools and their fans.
"I played in that series when Utah was in our conference in the mid-1980s," Littlewood said. "I know how important that is, not just conference-wise, but in recruiting, bragging rights, and all that stuff. I would say it's probably a bigger game than your normal game. Maybe not as big as a conference game, but it means more, I think, to BYU guys and Utah guys. We approach that as a must-win. We lost to them there, lost a three-run lead in the ninth, which really hurt. It's a huge game for us. When you look at your schedule, you look where Utah is, as well as Utah Valley. It's a special rivalry."
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 73
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27