The University of Utah's S.J. Quinney College of Law recently hosted its 18th annual Religion, Faith and the Environment symposium.
In one of the lectures, Elder Marcus Nash, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' First Quorum of the Seventy, discussed the relationship between LDS doctrine and the environment.
Through eight scriptures, Elder Nash expounded on the church's views of religion and the environment and stressed the importance that we depend on the Earth to sustain life and that the quality of the Earth and its environment will directly affect the quality of our lives and that of future generations.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...