Remember the heroic 38-point “Flu Game” by Michael Jordan?
That was in the 1997 playoffs, when he overcame fever and nausea to lead Chicago past the Jazz. Now Jordan’s former trainer, Tim Grover, is saying a poison pizza delivered to Jordan’s Park City hotel room was the culprit.
Grover told TrueHoop that “five guys” dropped it off but Jordan was the only player who ate.
First, do food poisoners always travel in groups of five? Second, do pizza delivery guys really know how much poison it takes to make someone just the right amount of sick? Third, does Jordan actually order pizza under his own name?
Still, it’s a good story.
Almost as good as the one in which Danny Ainge bit Tree Rollins.
With the Jazz missing the playoffs for the second time in three years, there has been enough blame to go around.
In one case, it was general manager Dennis Lindsey blaming himself and vice president Kevin O’Connor.
“Frankly,” Lindsey said, “the conversations and arrows on April 18 have to be pointed at us on why we fell short from a personnel standpoint, and what we’re going to do going forward.”
Hmmm. Conversations and arrows.
Rock On thinks a simple pie in the face would make most Jazz fans feel better.
Stop if you’ve heard this.
OK, you have heard this.
No offense taken in either case.
The City of Utah is only too happy to have had Sam Malone and George Jefferson play here.
An online report last week said Derrick Rose is being sued by a Bulls fan for making him obese.
Hiphop365.com said Rose’s failure to play, after doctors gave him the OK, made the fan depressed, which led to weight gain.
Rock On understands these things.
He experienced anxiety, fever, nausea, vomiting and shortness of breath after learning of the Kris Humphries-Kim Kardashian breakup.
Ex-Ute Andre Miller hit the winning shot in Game 1 of Denver’s playoff game against Golden State.
Buzzer-beaters aren’t unusual, unless you’re Miller. He said this one was the first of his career – at any level.
Which gives almost everyone a conversation starter, in case they run into Miller at a movie or in a mall: “Hi, Andre, I think we have something in common. I’ve never made a buzzer-beater, either.”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52