Remember the heroic 38-point “Flu Game” by Michael Jordan?
That was in the 1997 playoffs, when he overcame fever and nausea to lead Chicago past the Jazz. Now Jordan’s former trainer, Tim Grover, is saying a poison pizza delivered to Jordan’s Park City hotel room was the culprit.
Grover told TrueHoop that “five guys” dropped it off but Jordan was the only player who ate.
First, do food poisoners always travel in groups of five? Second, do pizza delivery guys really know how much poison it takes to make someone just the right amount of sick? Third, does Jordan actually order pizza under his own name?
Still, it’s a good story.
Almost as good as the one in which Danny Ainge bit Tree Rollins.
With the Jazz missing the playoffs for the second time in three years, there has been enough blame to go around.
In one case, it was general manager Dennis Lindsey blaming himself and vice president Kevin O’Connor.
“Frankly,” Lindsey said, “the conversations and arrows on April 18 have to be pointed at us on why we fell short from a personnel standpoint, and what we’re going to do going forward.”
Hmmm. Conversations and arrows.
Rock On thinks a simple pie in the face would make most Jazz fans feel better.
Stop if you’ve heard this.
OK, you have heard this.
No offense taken in either case.
The City of Utah is only too happy to have had Sam Malone and George Jefferson play here.
An online report last week said Derrick Rose is being sued by a Bulls fan for making him obese.
Hiphop365.com said Rose’s failure to play, after doctors gave him the OK, made the fan depressed, which led to weight gain.
Rock On understands these things.
He experienced anxiety, fever, nausea, vomiting and shortness of breath after learning of the Kris Humphries-Kim Kardashian breakup.
Ex-Ute Andre Miller hit the winning shot in Game 1 of Denver’s playoff game against Golden State.
Buzzer-beaters aren’t unusual, unless you’re Miller. He said this one was the first of his career – at any level.
Which gives almost everyone a conversation starter, in case they run into Miller at a movie or in a mall: “Hi, Andre, I think we have something in common. I’ve never made a buzzer-beater, either.”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Ranking the 26 Utah ties selected in the NFL...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of the...
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- High school track: Orem boys, Millard girls...
- Boxing champ Gene Fullmer: An ordinary family...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 166
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 84
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 45
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 39
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 38
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 37
- BYU's 2015 bowl destination could be... 32