FARMINGTON — Farmington Canyon Road, also called Forest Service Road No. 007, is open to the intersection with Francis Peak Road and Skyline Drive.
Due to snow and wet conditions, Francis Peak Road and Skyline Drive remain under a seasonal closure and gates will be locked until June 1, weather permitting.
Due to flood damage in the spring of 2011, Farmington Canyon Road was closed for public safety reasons and to prevent further damage. Flood repair work was completed in early December 2012 and the road has been open for winter recreation use.
During spring conditions, roads and trails are wet and muddy and can sustain resource damage from recreation use. Recreationers are responsible for knowing which roads and trails are designated for motorized use.
Motor vehicle use maps are available on the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest website at www.fs.usda.gov/uwcnf.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18